Friday, May 8, 2009

SEFA Review Season 7 # 7

Contents
  • Funky Corner
  • Premiership Review
  • Super Interview, Mr. Bala
  • SEFA AI%
  • Premier League Stats
  • Championship League Stats


     


     

  • ##########
  • Funky Corner By: Mr. Bala
  • ##########


 

OK SEFA! This week Funky Corner is going to be slightly more interactive. Take a close look at the words below. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find as many hidden song titles as you can. Bonus point for guessing the artist behind all those song titles. Once you think you've got them all, send me a personal message. The one who gets the most is the winner! I mean, obviously. That's usually how competitions work. Ready? GO!

Another fine start to the SEFA season. A few changes here and there, but it promises to be a thriller. With more inter-organisation involvement and some top class teams involved the competition will be fierce. But have you ever wondered whether we're all.....getting TOO involved with this game?

I remember the time I was reading an newspaper article - written by a police man - in the Mirror (Who is it? Cant remember. Anyway, doesn't matter) and he was talking about how online football management games have taken over from football gameplay simulation games, like Fifa and Pro Evolution. However it mentioned a dangerous trend of people starting to neglect their daily lives for the sake of playing these management games. Although most of the article was pretty off-the-wall, I do agree that on occasion it starts to feel like an unbreakable addiction, which is bad. So maybe we should start drumming to a different beat.

It makes me happy sometimes after working day and night to kick back and relax by coming up with new tactics for my youth team, or scouring the transfer market (Usually searching for those elusive invincible wingers running around like they're on speed, demon strikers with a keen eye for goal, etc) It's like I cant help it. And sure, maybe sometimes I try to jam in as many minutes as I can just to avoid cleaning the dishes. It's not as if I'm totally hiding in the closet though.

Perhaps it's just human nature to assume everything is so bad all the time. The lady in my life agrees with the article, and thinks maybe I should spend less time on here. (Could be worse - I used to go out with a girl who thought ALL computer games were evil, but then again she's out of my life now!) However, I don't believe the argument is that black or white. I think there's a definite grey area.

When I signed up, I wanted to take things completely seriously. I spent time on this game because I didn't want to end up like just some crappy manager wannabe. Starting something as complex as, say, a new Under 17 team takes serious work and dedication. But it's important to keep the faith - ultimately its worth it. Sure, sometimes it's a heartbreaker when you lose an important final. But the butterflies I get whilst playing that final can't be denied.

So should we have to take the rough with the smooth? Criminal though it may seem? Should we stop complaining and just give in? To me, the answer is yes. Whatever happens, I know I'll be logging on here for many weeks to come. The question is, will YOU be there?

##########

SEFA Review By: King James Bambridge

##########

Hey guys,

Welcome to another edition of the SEFA Review and as ever I'll be looking at the Premiership within the SEFA. With the season a week long now, many games have been played and it's a very different story to last seasons start:

Defending Champions FC Porto Kenshin lay in 6th place with 6 games played for the Portaguse side, with 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats it looks like Carlos has to try and pick his team up if he wants to defend his title successfully. Although no surprise for Bader's Phantoms, they lay 2nd with 8 games played, 7 wins and 1 draw. Bader is the last team in the premiership this season to be unbeaten, which says so much to the strength of his defence to keep out the best teams in this league. But leading the pack and setting the pace is newly promoted side IMT Fairground, After 16 games played he has managed 10wins, 4 draws and only 2 loses. For the rest of the teams its too early to see how there doing, although we managed to get a quick word with Folkestone Eagles boss Myself about his poor start to the season:

"I blame Bala"

2nd and 1st in the league Bader Algubaisi and David Mitchell exchanged bitter words to each other at there recent press conferences during the week, although after the press conferences they were both seen booking in the same hotel, reports suggest that only 1 of the 2 rooms were slept in...

Here are the quotes of the week:

Bader - "its just a matter of time before David's fairground stops running"

Bader - " might as well be a carnival than a fairground"

David - "The Phantoms rely on Silvestri too much, with him gone they are nothing"

David - "Phantom of the Opera was a awful film anyway"

Mr Bambridge - "I blame everyone but me....shut up Bala"

Carlos - "Bala on fire"

Bala - "Bala on fire"

Bala - "Carlos on fire"

Bala - "everyone is on fire"

######################################

Super Interview By: King James Bambridge

######################################

Now an interview with SEFA's Mr Funny, Mr Different and Mr Fun, Bala la boom boom its Mr Bala:

James Bambridge: Evening Mr Bala

Mr. Bala: Good evening! Mwahaha!

James Bambridge: first of, i want to ask you how you finding the SEFA since the members have become chatty and a more fun atmosphere to the place?

Mr. Bala: It's horrible. Having to pretend like you're enjoying the company? Chatting to everyone? Ugh.

Mr. Bala: But the really awful part was the ill-advised webcam addition. Thank God the mods did away with that quick sharpish. I still have nightmares. <:emoticon#50>

James Bambridge: tbh i loved that part <:emoticon#58>

James Bambridge: mine involved a pole and a pair of handcuffs...

Mr. Bala: Aye, YOU would. I'm not saying a thing about that.

Mr. Bala: The judge told me not to.

James Bambridge: well this is just between you and me and the whole people who have the internet so your safe here

Mr. Bala: Haha

Mr. Bala: Honestly though, this org is great for having class people around. Everyone is more than happy to help out. So many friendly people.

Mr. Bala: It's why I would never leave

Mr. Bala: Even though I've been getting LOADS of offers to go elsewhere.

Mr. Bala: Everyone wants a piece of the Bala. <:emoticon#74>

James Bambridge: lmao! we love you more though

Mr. Bala: And I feel it! I feel the love!

James Bambridge: now its been on and off for the past season ans here at the SEFA news room we have had a lot of emails about so il put the question to you:

James Bambridge: are you and Carlos an item?

Mr. Bala: Damn man, why'd you have to go there?! <:emoticon#19>

Mr. Bala: We talked about this beforehand, and my people said no questions about Carlos!

Mr. Bala: *cries*

James Bambridge: well the source i got was this from a mens mag: "Bala and Carlos will soon tell the world" Unfortunately the soure can not be named

Mr. Bala: First off, I told you to stop it with the men's mags. You'll go blind, I'm telling you. Secondly, don't believe everything you read in the men's mags. Thirdly, who the hell READS the men's mags? Yeah, 'I only buy it for the articles'. RIGHT. Sure. I believe you, you filthy swine.

Mr. Bala: Fourthly, I love Carlos and I don't care who knows it! Crap - I said that out loud, didn't I?

James Bambridge: Thank you for that Bala <:emoticon#9> and yes it was aloud, but only the people with the internet will know about it.

Mr. Bala: Phew! That's a relief.

James Bambridge: so moving on to football matters for 5minutes before going back to general rubbish <:emoticon#9>, hows the season for you at the moment?

Mr. Bala: It's going great, thanks! I've settled nicely into my spot in 16th place, which is nice. Spent the past few seasons really putting the stamp on that place, so it's nice to get right back into that groove again. And the rest of the season will be spent hoping a few people above me break the AI restrictions and get relegated! Another season in the life of Funky Town! Hoping for a decent cup run though, as opposed to the usual cup trots and cup walks that we've been used to.

Mr. Bala: Wow, that's a big block of text right there.

James Bambridge: top stuff mate <:emoticon#72> i also noticed this morning while walking into the office a nice draw with Bader in the Premiership.

Mr. Bala: Oh yeah, we always turn it on for Phantoms. Every dog has it's day. Even the arthritic, diseased, flea-infested dogs. With one eye. And a stump for a leg. Did I mention the fleas?

James Bambridge: yes you did and if i remember rightly the dog is called Fluffy....

Mr. Bala: Such a nice name.

James Bambridge: heart goes out to it.

James Bambridge: Has Swine Flu aswell...somehow...

Mr. Bala: It's a Chihuahua

Mr. Bala: It has Mexican connections

James Bambridge: and finally Bala before i cry with laughter, anything you would like to say to your fellow SEFA'ers?

Mr. Bala: Thank you for asking, yes there is. Something that's been on my mind for some time. Something which I really feel needs to be said, and which might rock SEFA to it's very core.

Mr. Bala: If it seems like I'm building it up, that's because I am. What I am about to say is possibly the most important thing the org has ever heard, and is ever likely to hear. And that thing is this:

Mr. Bala: *disconnected*


 

Hope you all enjoyed this edition guys,

Thanks to Bala for providing a hilarious Interview and il see you next week

Till then... Be Champions

#################################################

SEFA AI%

#################################################

As we have seen the votes last season resulted in a few changes to playtimes & AI%. The AI% for SEFA now is 25%, anything above that will penalized by 40% of the prize money. Teams will be relegated or denied promotion if the AI% is +50%. Please let Bader (SEFA Mod), or Pat (SEFA Org) know if you are going to have problems meeting the AI% requirements of our FA so that it can be noted.

####################################

Premier League Stats By: Bader Algubaisi

####################################

Highest Rating

  1. 7.58 avg. rating Francesco
    Silvestri (ST) of Phantoms
  2. 7.54 avg. rating Michel Vorm (GK) of NGHC Casuals
  3. 7.53 avg. rating Ikechukwu Uche (ST) of Rhinokopolous

The Joy to Watch Award goes to

  1. José AML of Phantoms with 8.67 dribbles per match
  2. Koki Mizuno AMR of Phantoms with 8.30 drb/mch
  3. Urby Emanuelson D/WB/ML of immortal technique with 8.25 drb/mch

Top League Scorers:

  1. Francesco
    Silvestri of Phantoms with 9 goals in 10 matches
  2. Welliton of Spartak Aston with 6 goals in 10 matches
  3. Ikechukwu Uche of Rhinokopolous with 5 goals in 4 matches

Best 11:

GK    Michel Vorm of NGHC Casuals

LD    Federico Balzaretti of immortal technique

DC    Cheikh Sagna of Rhinokopolous

DC    Renato Silva of Spartak Aston

RD    Fabiano Santacroce of Phantoms

MR    Patrick Ebert of Folkstone Eagles

MC    Daniel Parejo of Folkstone Eagles

MC    Darren Fletcher of Phantoms

ML    José of Phantoms

ST    Francesco
Silvestri of Phantoms

ST    Ikechukwu Uche of Rhinokopolous


 

In the championship, a lot of teams are over the AI% and 7 teams out of 17 have 100% AI. They need to start playing games to keep their prize money and aim for promotion.

Top of the league is the new comers Honka who are looking strong and are the favorites to win the title. With only a few games being played in the league, Bablyon Project, A.S. United, TenTwoPoker, he's a BWIG boy united, FC Nueva Casta, Chickenvalley Wizardz, and FC Carter all look close and we will have to wait till next week to see who will keep the race on. All the bottom teams have 100% AI except for Halewood in Brighton who have 0% AI and this will surely help them climb the league ladder.

#########################################

Championship League Stats By: Bader Algubaisi

#########################################

Highest Rating
  1. 7.72 avg. rating Branko Lazarevic SW+ D LC
    of A.S United
  2. 7.72 avg rating, Sota Hirayama ST of he's a BWIG boy united
  3. 7.58 rating Lebohang Mokoena AM RC+ FC of Real Boogie FC
The Joy to Watch Award goes to
  1. Jan Kromkamp D/WB R of Halewood in Brighton with 10.86 dribbles per match
  2. Otacílio AM RC+FC of FC Carter with 10.50 drb /mch
  3. Tony Kane D RL of Sporting Brown with 9.50 drb/mch
Top League Scorers
  1. Gabriel Obertan of Honka, 6 goals in 7 matches
  2. Sota Hirayama of he's a BWIG boy united, 4 in 3 matches
  3. Víctor Reyes of Forza Forest 3 goals in 4 matches
Best 11

GK    Fraser Forster of A.S United

LD    Erik Pieters of FC Nueva Casta

DC    Branko Lazarevic of A.S United

DC    Carlos Salcido of A.S United

RD    Yassin Moutaouakil of Honka

MR    Cani of A.S. United

MC    Levan Kenia of Honka

MC    Lebohang Mokoena of Real Boogie FC

ML    Andreas Ivanschitz of Chickenvalley Wizardz

ST    Marcos Aurélio of FC Nueva Casta

ST    Sota Hirayama of he's a BWIG boy united


 

No comments:

Post a Comment